Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Whirlwind of a week



I have to say this week went by way too fast and was actually a pretty crazy week looking back at it. I had carpools to and from school, taking and dropping off Tyler to preschool, teaching Joyschool, helping out in Mackay's class, Blue and Gold Banquet (although I didn't do anything but show up for that and try to help the rice magically cook, which it eventually did). There was also preparing for our teacher development meeting tonight (sunday), and the normal cleaning, laundry, paying the bills, and making sure the kids are taken care of.

We just had a new family move in a couple of houses down from us and they have a boy just a year older that Mackay, so he and Mackay spend quite a bit of time playing with each other. There is another family moving in on the street soon that had a girl Tyler's age so that will be nice, finally Tyler will have someone to play with. He does play with Stewart Call from time to time, but not that often. When they get older I am sure they will play more. It is the Robinson's that are moving in on our street. They bought the house just kiddy corner from us. It will be fun and maybe I will have more of an insentive to pick up on my Japanese again, since Kayo is from Japan and will live so close now.

Well I am going to leave on a spiritual note, I have been reading in the New Testiment, I know I am a little behind on the schedule with Sunday school but I just finished the Old Testiment not too long ago. I have really had my eyes opened and maybe my heart too to the Saviors life and how short and wonderful his ministry really was. Anyway this is a quote from President Benson, but I thought it was a good one, "The world largely ignores the first great commandment to love God, but talks a lot about loving their brother..." "But only those who know and love God can best love, and serve his children, for only God fully understands his children."

I thought that is so true, when we really put or love and trust in God, we are better able to love and serve those around us.

On a lighter note I will add a couple of pictures to show you how silly and creative my children are. Have a good week!

2 comments:

kjha said...

What a busy week. No wonder we hardly ever see each other :(. Thanks for the quote, it's something I need to work on.

The HousewifeTravels said...

Great blog. Now let's add repainting that wall that Tyler "helped" with and finding people to fill all the primary callings. Your work is never done.