I thought this week would be a breeze, not much was planned which was so nice. Monday after straightening the house and doing the necessary things I indulged and sat for an hour and read a book. Amazing! I don't do that very often because I feel so guilty doing it. I have to admit it was so nice. The house was quiet and I was able to drink some tea (herbal of course), and kick back on the couch. Sounds nice doesn't it. Then the kids came home and the peace and quiet was gone and the afternoon became pretty crazy. Mackay must have been tired and moody because I wasn't going to let him play or do anything until he read to me. He got mouthy so I sent him to his room to rest for a little bit. When he came out he took of his shirt and threw it on the ground and yelled, "That's it I'm getting a tattoo". I of course just laughed and then said, "What is that going to prove". Pretty crazy!
Tuesday I put myself back to work, I must have been ambitious because I decided to paint the front family room. So I moved all the furniture and got busy. In fact, I was able to get the whole room pretty much done by the time Tyler got home from Joy School. When he got home he painted on part of the wall I had just painted with the color that I was painting the baseboards with. It was much lighter. Luckily my friend Ronelle was around when he did it so I didn't get as mad at Tyler as I probably would have. So thank you Ronelle for keeping me in check. Anyway I tried to wipe that up, but still had to paint over it. Oh well it is all good! I remember a church commercial from years ago when a little boy spills a whole picnic table of food and the mom didn't get made just sighed and made a face. I wish I was more like that because most of the time I just get mad. That is too much of a confession, sorry!
Anyway the rest of the week was just a blurr. I don't really remember what happened. I did help out in Mackay's class on Wednesday and Thursday I went for a walk, because the weather was so nice.
Friday we had Mackay and Tyler's friends Jack and Jeffrey over. It was so nice because they entertained each other so well. Since the weather was so beautiful playing in the backyard has been so nice. They kicked balls around, only two went into the neighbor's yard. We were able to retrieve those easily. The we made paper airplanes and they threw them around for awhile. We couldn't pass up playing Lego Star Wars II, because they were all so addicted. They even took turns so well while I made dinner. It was great. So thanks Kathryn!
This morning I actually slept in until 7 a.m. (that is late for me, just so you know). It was nice. When I came up to our family room Mackay was laying on the couch and Tyler was hiding behind it. Tyler said, "Mackay told me to go back to where I came from." I asked, "Where he came from?" he replied, "you know from my grandparents." I actually didn't know that but thought it was pretty funny.
This morning we had an awesome breakfast, Strawberries on waffles with ice cream and a strawberry syrup. It was so yummy! Probably too much like a dessert though. Oh well, sometimes you just got to live on the wild side.
Well that is our week in a nut shell. I wish I would have had a video for you for Mackay's little episode and a picture of Tyler's painting job, but who knew that Mackay would say what he did and taking a picture of Tyler was an after thought. Oh well, I will just have to keep that in my own picture archive in my brain.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so glad I can have a calming effect on your life. Thanks for swaping babysitting today. We enjoyed it. Hope you did too. I'll be praying for callings to be filled soon.
Only you could make me feel like I did YOU a service, instead of the other way around! I still owe you, though!
Post a Comment