Saturday, November 8, 2008

What Makes Me Happy

Every day at dinner we talk about what makes us happy through the day and it got me to thinking (I know dangerous pastime) about writing down the little things that make me happy. Maybe then when I am in a slump I can take a peek and instantly be happy, okay so maybe it won't be that easy. Here are the things that make me happy:

  1. Singing in the shower
  2. When my kids do what they are asked to do - the first time.
  3. Hearing a great song
  4. The out of the blue "I love you" from my family
  5. Hugs and kisses (especially from my hubby)
  6. Phone calls from friends or family to just say "Hi" or see how I am doing.
  7. Surprises -- especially if I don't find out about them before hand, which seems to always happen.
  8. Chocolate -- my favorite being Dove Dark Chocolate (because then my hubby won't eat them)
  9. Doing things for others
  10. Seeing my children laugh and play (and treat each other kindly)

There are so many more come to think of it, but I won't make everyone read them all!

Happiness Quotes
But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads.

2 comments:

kjha said...

I thought #2 was just a myth! Can I add 'good friends'? Have a happy day!

turning about said...

Good friends is definately on the list and I thought I had put it -- but didn't.