Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow Day and more...

SNOW DAY!
Our lovely snowfriend

Look how pretty that tree looks. It is actually weird seeing our home covered in snow.


We started our week with yes, a snow day. The kids were suppose to go back to school on Monday after a 2 week break for Christmas, but no we got to extend for one more day due to snow. It was great! The snow started falling on Sunday afternoon and apparently snowed all evening4. It was fantastic. For us Ridgecrestites it is rare so we enjoyed it for the day by building a snowman and playing in it for a short time. Then we snuggled and read and also watched a show while folding our laundry.



The rest of the week was back to the real world. I got our Christmas stuff put away and made meals for friends, worked on the kids school yearbook, exercised (trying to get back into running and trying out a little Zumba), read a book, and did the normal run around that moms do.



We decided to purchase a Smart phone as our current cell phone was dying, but didn't want to make a commitment to the $15 extra dollars a month for the service to took it back and got a regular cell phone. Darn it all, I thought it would be fun to be Smart for awhile but at last it is not to be.

1 comment:

Verity said...

I loved your snow pics! I've never tried Zumba--what's it like?