Sunday, January 23, 2011

January


January is such an interesting month in the desert. It started with being blaketed with the white flakes of snow to having incredibly great spring like weather. Pretty crazy, eh!

January also brings the birthdays of my younger sis (Cor) and my wonderful mom (MOM). I love my family, but am really sad when I can't be around for celebrations like these. The thing is my mom always cooks the favorite meal of whoever is having a birthday. Lucky them, right!

This year January brought us the excruciating task of writing Mackay's 4th grade report on a California Mission. Now this was excruciating because my son does not like to write, so to write 9+ paragraphs on the Santa Barbara Mission was not something that sounded fun to him or me. With much patience, and a lot of time (meaning hours - not one or two but more like 10+ hours) we were able to finish the said report and build the model that he needed to build. Needless to say the hours paid off and all turned out pretty good.

We also decided to plant our garden. Tyler was very excited about this and a great help in getting the planting done. We had a great time. Now lets pray that the seeds actually grow.

January also brought me the opportunity to support two of my friends through their ordeal with breast cancer. My heart, prayers, and love go out with them as the battle this challenge in their life.

I also had the opportunity to go on an adventure with a friend of mine to St. George to visit with a fabulous group of ladies that do writing blogs. It was a lot of fun and I am amazed at the great talent that people have in being able to write great pieces that make you laugh and also cry. It was very entertaining. Needless to say we were also able to do some good shopping and eat at Cafe Rio, I love their pork salad - YUM!

2 comments:

n8'swife said...

The garden hadn't even crossed my mind! I better get cracking on that!

Verity said...

Wow, his mission model is AMAZING! Loved the pics!