Sunday, February 22, 2009

Livin' it up and Loving it!





Corny title, I know. It just popped in my head so I though that I would use it. I was just thinking this week that kids are so great to observe. They truely just love life. They are happy, for the most part and enjoy all of the little things in life. For example: T and I went Walmart the other day to pick up a couple of things and there was this old rusted out truck in the parking lot and Tyler said, "Look at that Fancy car mom". I mean really who would call an old rusted out truck fancy. We also went down to the temple this week end and the kids were saying all the way down there. "Oh we just love the temple!" I am so glad they do love it because it is a wonderful place. Lastly, if I don't get upset about things -- they generally don't either. Also if I just spend a few minutes playing with them, they are the happiest kids ever.

As for our week it started out great! Justin had the day off on Monday and we got a call from some friends to go find the snow. We were all up for the adventure so we packed up and took off right away. It was great fun. We headed up to Walker's Pass and enjoyed a good couple of hours sledding down the hill. It was snowing the whole time. Meanwhile in town we were getting the rain that I had hoped for. All is great!

The rest of the week was same oh, same oh! I had time to do a little scrapbooking, and watch some shows with my hubby in the evening. We are kind of addicted to American Idol right now. We made some pretty good predictions with who gets to stay so far.

Any way Stake Conference was last night and it was so good. Great testimonies of conversion and coming back to the church. I mainly got out of the meeting that I really need to work on having more love and kindness in our home. We have a fair amount of it, but contention rises a little more often than I would like. Today we will see what we will learn from our General Authorities. I'm excited.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks for the conference update! We're too sick to go!

n8'swife said...

I really enjoyed last night too. The adult session is always my favorite.

Merry said...

The Adult session was good. I enjoyed stake conference too. The one comment that had me giggling was "You live in Paradise..." Ha ha!

Verity said...

Great update, thanks, Shar!