The next day we headed up in the mountains to find some snow, we just had to sled. Boy was it cold, there was this wind that chilled us, well me I should say. Everyone else was just fine, I am such a whimp. Anyway, the snow was too powdery so we ended up pulling the kids up and down this road, they thought it was great. They also found a little hill that they were finally able to slide down. I stayed in the truck with my father-in-law towards the end of our adventure, because we were both so cold
Also while we were there we went out a did a little bit of shooting. I hadn't done it in forever, but found out that I am quite the shot. We bought some cheap pop and shook it up and then shot the cans. It was pretty cool to see the pop cans explode and froth all over when it was hit. I shot several of the cans but in one of my shots I hit one can at such an angle that the bullet also went through a second can just up the ledge from the first. I very lucky shot, but everyone was so impressed with me. I guess I have another talent, I don't know if it is one I am proud of but I can hold my own if I ever had to shoot something, maybe???
Today I spent the day unpacking, laundry, dusting, vacuuming,
putting away the Thanksgiving decoration, and putting up the Christmas decorations, whew, no wonder I am so tired tonight.
putting away the Thanksgiving decoration, and putting up the Christmas decorations, whew, no wonder I am so tired tonight.
3 comments:
Looks like fun, but cold, guess you live in the right place. Fancy shootin' Tex!
Brrr, That's a fun family picture!
You can sled on our mounds of dirt any time! I figure they'll have snow on them someday :). Looks like fun and good job on the turkey.
Post a Comment