In the hustle and bustle of this season it seems that the time goes by way too fast and after I always wonder did I stop to think about what true meaning of this season really is. I would like this year to have our Christmas more centered on Christ. In this months Ensign President Monson talks about the Spirit of Christmas. He mentions that if you take the ending off of Christmas the true meaning of Christmas is "The Spirit of Christ". He also mentions that: "true happiness comes only by making others happy...", "giving not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit", we forgive our enemies, remember friends, and obey God.
Those are all great things to think about and ponder this Christmas season. I was really grateful for that article because I want to be happy and also remember to put Christ into my Christmas rather than get all caught up in the commercialism of the season. We have traditions that we have to help us in this, but I would like to know what you blurkers out there do to have the "Spirit of Christ" in your Christmas? So tag you are all it!!!!

3 comments:
Shar, that picture of your boys with the nativity scene is so awesome. I love it! We're enjoying the little scripture countdown that was in the Friend this month. We read a verse (or two) before leaving for school, and I love how it sets the tone for the day! Last week a friend shared how her family puts up a white stocking for Jesus, and as family members do kind deeds, they write them down and put them in Jesus' stocking as "gifts" to Him. I like that one a lot, too!
What a fun picture...I don't remember that nativity of yours, is it new? I'm not sure what we do specifically. I think the abundance of nativities helps :) and we talk about it a lot. My kids don't even like Santa, except from a distance, and I don't force it! I think you do a great job in everything so let us know what you decide to do! (I might use that idea of the white stocking...)
I love that nativity set in the picture, who made it? Where did they get the pattern? I wonder if I could get my mom to make it....
I don't know that I do anything special, it just seems to come. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. We do have lots of Christmas books and stories that I read to the kids. Some I avoid for awhile cause they always make me cry.
Post a Comment