Sunday, October 26, 2008
"Fun with Grandpa and Grandma Hill"
Just after Justin's parents left my parents were here to visit. They arrived on October 14 and we had fun with them until the 20th. My mom and I got busy making cards, went for walks, watched fun movies, and shopped for Christmas gifts. We put my dad to work fixing little things around the house like our swingset, outside light, and others. I have to keep him busy or he will search for things to fix. He also enjoyed a couple of days of golfing.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the carnival that we took my parents to over at the elementary school. They had fun enjoying the booths and goodies while I sat and worked the ticket booth.
Saturday after attending a friend of Mackay's birthday party we went down to Tehachappi to get some apples. Luckily they still had some on the tree at one of the orchards so we picked a few pounds of apples and then went to the bakery in town for a little treat. We then decided to take a little scenic tour through the mountains that go from Tehachappi to Lake Isabella. It was kind of a fun little drive. They called the area cowboys country. It was very dry, but I bet it is nice and green when the rain actually falls.
My mom also made sugar cookies with the boys. They were able to frost and decorate them on Sunday.
We were sad to see them go, but are grateful that they came to visit us. Thanks mom and dad! We are also grateful that Justin's parents came to visit us the weekend before, THANK YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You and your mom are so creative! Sounds like a lot of fun. I never heard of Ayers rock before...sorry we missed it!
Post a Comment