Sunday, October 5, 2008

Surprise!


Justin, my sweet hubby, surprised me by buying us tickets to "Wicked" down at the Pantages Theater in L.A. So we headed down there Friday afternoon after Justin got back from hunting with a friend up in the Kennedy Meadows area. I thought he would be beat, but he said he felt great. Anyway thanks to friends taking our kids for the night we had a great trip down to L.A. We actually got down there in good time and had no trouble with traffic, amazing eh! I had never walked the around and seen all the stars on the sidewalk in Hollywood so we did that until it was time to enter the theater. It was fun, but also kind of embarrassing because I didn't recognize a lot of the names. We also ran into an older couple who grew up in the area and were also going to the play so the told us all fo the great places to go. Justin will probably remember the names of the places but as for me it was in one ear and out the other.

The play was absolutely fantastic! So much fun. The performers all did a great job. It was totally worth going and seeing. I really love the story because it really brings out a great point. You can't judge a person by what they look like or what others say about them. Also true friendship can break all barriers. It was a feel good show, and you can't say that about very many shows anymore.

As for the rest of our week everything was pretty same oh, same oh. I did start a Healthy Lifestyle group that our Enrichment is doing. It is really nice and makes me more cautious about taking care of myself. Saturday we helped out with Relay for Life and walked for a couple of hours for our dear friend Bishop Lukens. It was a thought provoking experience to walk around the track and look at how many people cancer has affected. Other than that we listened to most of conference. I just love conference, it always makes me feel better and encourages me to even work harder on things that I fall short on. What an uplift.

1 comment:

theloulie said...

How fun! What a great surprise!