Monday, September 15, 2008

9/11 Memories and more


I as well as others have reflected on what happened 7 years ago this past week.
I remember getting ready to go walking with my neighbor across the street when my husband called and said, "A couple of planes just crashed into the twin towers". Me being the knowledgeable person that I am had no idea what he was talking about but turned on the TV to watch the after math of what had happened in New York City, Washington D.C., and Pennsylvania. We didn't end up going on a walk and just sat stunned by what had happened. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone what to do this to anyone?" and "What has this world come to?". Anyway, I am just grateful that we were all safe, as well as my family and friends. My heart did go out to those who were affected by what had happened. I wish that people still held that great feeling of patriotism that they did 7 years ago. Our country really came together then. My boys told me of the assembly that they had at school and both commented on how September 11 was a sad day and why did those planes crash into that building? So we talked about it a little.

This week went by quick and we had fun with friends and family. M and T were both able to go to Birthday parties for friends. J and I went on a date shopping, but didn't find anything we wanted to get. J also helped up in Lone Pine for canvasing for Prop 8 (Vote yes on 8). He had a good time and said the lunch that they made for them was excellent. I slaved at home cleaning our yard and home for our get together with friends on Sunday Evening. It was fun to have people in our home again. It had been awhile since we had that many people in our home. It was all totally worth it to have friends come and say goodbye to our dear friends who are moving to Utah. We will miss them very much. We are so blessed with the great people who have blessed our lives while we have lived here in California. We know that these associations were meant to be and we will treasure the friends we have forever.

2 comments:

kjha said...

slaving at home? your home always looks great! I can't thank you enough...it was a great party!

theloulie said...

Sheesh, I just got myself together, and now I'm crying again. Dang it!