Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happiness is?

Happiness is fresh hot chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven...

Time is just truly flying by to me and I have to admit everyday has not been the best. For some reason we can not get in a grove this year. But we are surviving and healthy and just plugging along. I have been thinking a lot about happiness. Boy do I want to be happy every day. In fact, a fairy tale life would be just great by me, but since there is opposition in all things this is not always so. What makes me unhappy? Is it my attitude or is life in general just bogging me down. I really don't have the answer to that, but I sure would like one. So what do I do, I turn to my church leaders and the fantastic talks that they give. Lately I have read a lot because I feel I need inspiration from on high. These are a few I have found peace and inspiration through: Our Search for Happiness by James E. Faust and Gratitude: A Path to Happiness by Bonnie D. Parkin. Through this I know that I just need to be grateful for what I have, be obedient so that I can have the Lord's spirit and blessings in my life, and show love to those around me a whole lot more. If anything I need to find a balance between wife, mother, volunteer, housekeeper, and the list goes on. I know that the Lord loves me and I am trying to keep my chin up and persevere, but if I trip and fall just pick me up and tell me that I will be okay.

Things that do make me HAPPY - My Husband (but when he is down it is so hard for me to feel happy), my boys, my home, being able to be there for those who need me, family, the gospel (that is the only thing that gets me through sometimes), chocolate, anything green (especially beautiful plants and trees), nature, and much, much more. I feel so happy just thinking about these things.

2 comments:

kjha said...

Sorry you have been struggling? Hopefully knowing you are so loved by so many people makes you feel happy! I think I'll make a list of things that make me happy today...it never hurts and it always helps! Thanks for great posts. Loved 'em all!

kjha said...

Did not mean for that to be a question mark after struggling...