Sunday, September 5, 2010

Oh, So what did you do this weekend...

Me worried that this project is never going to get done, because I really wanted to take a shower.
Diggin' in the trenches

Okay, so I was doing yard work on Thursday and noticed that our front flower bed was a little more soggier than usual, especially up by the house where it isn't suppose to be watered. So I thought maybe our watering system is leaking. Anyway Friday we thought we would check it out. Both Justin and I dug and dug and dug. We discovered we had a leak in our main water pipe going into the house. Boy was it down quite a ways. Anyway we were covered in mud so we decided to just call it our mud wrestling afternoon. Our neighbors the Clayson's came and joined in. The kids got all muddy and Jesse helped us especially when we put the new pipes in. I did the most of the digging (I didn't want my hubby to mess up his back). Anyway after 5 or 6 hours be being dirty and grimy I was done. Actually I was done way before that but I did survive and am very soar today especially where my skin is scraped away from my hands. We thought that we were going to play all weekend. Not so I guess we labored and will still labor on Monday to get the whole mess cleaned up.
Photos courtesy of Karen and Jesse Clayson

4 comments:

racheebabe said...

Oh my goodness! I hate it when a little job ends up being a huge ordeal...especially a huge, messy ordeal. Just think of it as your spa day. People pay good money to get caked in mud :)

The HousewifeTravels said...

WHoa! Not fun.

n8'swife said...

Wow! I bet you shower felt really good when you were done!

theloulie said...

Yuck, that doesn't look fun at all. I hope you have better weekends to come, you deserve it!