Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So I can do crafts ...

So I decided to be crafty and made these mail boxes out for card stock

for Valentines Day!


They turned out pretty good but won't be as sturdy as the metal ones, of course. Anyway daily I put a little toy, treat, or love note in them. Tyler by far is the most excited about it. He even makes me stuff to put in mine ( like a jewel box made out of clay that he put a fake jewel in). I just love stuff like this it really makes me feel giddy to be able to give things to the people I love.
I got the idea from http://www.loveactually-blog.blogspot.com/ but they used mini metal mailboxes. I didn't want to wait long enough to order mailboxes and couldn't just run to Target (where people found these) so settled for good ole' paper products. Pretty creative if I do say so myself. I have decided with time and effort you really can make anything out of paper.
**Rachel K. if you read this I did it I figured out the web album thing and embedded these pictures in here. Hooray! Thanks for your help.

5 comments:

racheebabe said...

My dream is to someday have permanent mailboxes in my home for each family member so that we can share the love all year long.

kjha said...

I love these! And no one EVER doubted your craftiness. What is all that about web albums and embedding?

Verity said...

Cute, cute, cute! Loved these!

n8'swife said...

Yay, Shar! Great craft and great job embedding the pictures!

turning about said...

Kathryn, you will have to ask Rachel all about embedding pictures from your web album off from picasa, I don't think I could explain it very well.