Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fruit Pickin'

My kids were excited to start swim lessons this coming week so we got them new goggles. They were so excited about them the had to wear them to breakfast the next morning. They are so lucky they get sugar cereal on Fridays.
Produce from our garden. The kids were so excited that we have things growing in our garden. The only problem is they don't let them grow to full maturity. These are the only two carrots that came up of the many that I planted. We have also gotten many tomatoes, an egg plant, a few zucchini and some cilantro.


It has only taken us 9 years to find this out, but we discovered a place only an hour and a half away to go and pick fruit. The kids had a blast picking and sampling fruit at Murray Farms, which is just a little west of Tehachappi off of highway 58. We picked some strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, apricots, nectarines, and pluots. The kids also had fun playing in a little play ground, petting animals at the petting zoo (mainly goats and chickens, and eating all of the samples in the gift store. It was so much fun and a beautiful day. I think it is going to be our new family tradition to go down there once or twice a year.

5 comments:

racheebabe said...

Don't you love Murray Family Farms? I thought it was so fun!

Megan said...

Seriously, let's do a mommies trip out there!

n8'swife said...

I agree with Megan!

Verity said...

I love hearing about places like this. We've never been but hopefully we'll go sooner than later!

theloulie said...

I'm with Megan and N'8swife.