Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weeks Review

Mackay was the winner of the milk mustache contest that we had after school on Wednesday.

My Garden is growing! We have already eaten green onions from it and they were so delicious. Hopefully we will have more produce. I am just happy it is growing.
We bought a water slide for our family and decided to check it out on Memorial Day with some friends. It was a blast. The kids loved it, even the grown-ups got to test it out. We played with it for a good 3 or 4 hours. I am paying for it now with a major sun burn, but that is what I get for forgetting to put on sunscreen.


This week was a really fun and great week. I am so sad that it went by so quickly. Anyway here is what is up in our California life:

Monday night for family night we pulled out the Go Fish cards and had fun playing a couple of rounds of it. We all tied but poor Tyler who always lost.

Tuesday evening it was so windy outside so we decided to pull out the plastic bags and did some red neck kite flying.

Thursday we headed over to Gateway Elementary School for an Open House. We were able to see all the things Mackay has done lately and check out the class rooms for the 2nd grade and kindergarten classes. Our kids sure are growing up. It boggles my mind to think that Mackay is going to be in 2nd grade and that Tyler is starting kindergarten this year.

Friday the boys and Justin went to Fathers and Sons and had a great time. The kids loved having so many friends to play with. It was fun to hear about their adventures when they got home. I went out to Chinese with some friends and then watched "Becoming Jane" with a friend after eating. When I got home at 10:30 I found that I was locked out of my house, but luckily I was able to get in. I ended up painting our hallway until 1 a.m. Crazy eh!

Saturday I was off to the church to help clean and then did a few things at home until Justin and the kids got home. That night we watched a movie called "The Ultimate Gift". I would highly recommend watching it. It was so good and very thought provoking. Make sure there is a box of tissues close by.

Monday we went to our wards annual Pancake Breakfast at the park and then played with our slide all day, well pretty much most of the afternoon. We were so tired that evening that we ended up watching a show for Family night and ate ice cream for dinner.

3 comments:

Verity said...

Great update! The "red-neck" kite flying was awesome, and that water playground is amazing!!

n8'swife said...

Your garden looks awesome! So does the water slide for that matter!

The HousewifeTravels said...

Excellent week!