Friday, August 3, 2012

2911-2012 School Year is Over

I am going to do a bit of back tracking... SCHOOLS OUT! The kids had really awesome teachers this past school year and we are so grateful for all that they have done for Mackay and Tyler. Mackay and Tyler did really well and excelled in the 5th and 3rd grade. It is kind of weird writing this right now because the kids start school in a week. Where has the summer gone?

Mackay's teacher Mrs. Ponek had to leave school 3 weeks early to have foot surgery.  She was seriously the most amazing teacher I know.  She helped Mackay to enjoy and love school.  Mackay received the Presidential Fitness Award, was part of Kids, and also received a principles award.

i
Tyler's teacher was Mrs. Switzer.  She also was a wonderful teacher.  Tyler is all boy and only thinks of recess while he is at school so we are so grateful that Mrs. Switzer was able to get some knowledge into this kid.  

Mackay and our neighbor friend Callie were in the same class this year.  They are saying goodbye to Gateway and will be moving on to Murray Middle School.  (Yikes!)  As a mom I am in complete denial that this is happening, but I guess I will have to overcome that feeling in just a week from now.

No comments: