Monday, January 16, 2012

Accidents Happen

Sorry this post will be a little graphic.  On December 30 of 2011 I was making my family chicken nuggets and oven baked fries for dinner.  I thought, "Oh, cool I will be able to use my new Mandaline slicer to do the job.  I got it all set up so it could cut the potatoes and was ready to go.  I started the first potato and instead of the potato I sliced the side of my thumb.  I was in shock because of the blood.  Justin was in shock because of it also.  Anyway our kids were carted over to the neighbor across the street (the Calls) and we headed to Urgent Care.  Urgent Care didn't think they could deal with it so they sent us to the hospital ER.  When we got there the place was packed so we knew it was going to be a long night.  Five hours later after sitting in the waiting room I was called back.  The doctor tried to sew the part of my thumb back but it was too discolored and thin so they just bandaged me up gave me some pain meds and sent me on my way.  For the next week I had to take the pain meds and the anti-infection pills because it sure did hurt.  It is doing much better now and I really didn't cut off as much as I though.  My thumbnail looks like it could even grow back, yay!


Pretty nasty, eh!  Sorry if this grosses you out.

 I forgot to take a picture of the big bandage that they gave me,  This is day 4 after the accident
You can see my lovely bandage job in this photo.


1 comment:

racheebabe said...

It grosses me out, but I can't look away! I'm sure it will heal right up for you.