Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wow time has flown...

Time has really gone by this last couple of weeks and there has hardly been anytime to do anything but just stay up with the goings on around here. A week ago we decided to take our annual trip to see the Christmas lights at the L.A. Temple. The pictures I took don't give it justice at all, but it was very beautiful and fun to walk around the temple and talk to the boys. We stayed overnight and Justin and I took turns going into the temple. It really is a great way to get some temple work done and the kids not getting too bored. We loved it and it was one great way to get the Christmas Spirit.
The next night we were suppose to go to our ward Christmas but Justin also had a work party so we made arrangements with a neighbor to have our kids to the ward party and we went to the work party. The work party was alright, but it is uncomfortable watching people get drunk and make fools of themselves. One of Justin's co-workers even fell while dancing I believe and hurt herself real bad, broke a couple of bones and will be out of work for a few weeks. It's not worth it people! We were able to talk to some friends their and that was nice.
This week was full of activities. Since Tyler is in a K-1 combo so he was able to do a lot of the things that the kindergartners get to do like: go on the Polar Express (his teacher got one in 3-D so the kids sported their glasses and had a good time watching the show), made gingerbread houses, and had a pizza party with the Student Body Officers at Burrows High School.
Both the kids also participated in their school Christmas program. They did a good job. Tyler's class sang "Do You Hear What I Hear" and Mackay class sang the song, "Let them Know It's Christmas Time".
Mackay's class had a Christmas Party on Friday and we made Rudolph Sandwiches. They were cute. The only problem we had is there wasn't enough bread, good thing I had cut out the shapes while they were in performing their song. Anyway I had walked to school so I ran home and grabbed the car and then drove to Walmart and bought bread and got back just in time to save the Christmas Party and have enough bread for everyone. Whew!
Now only 5 days for Christmas and it looks like we have a bit going on this week too. It will be a supper fun week, but I will write about that later...

1 comment:

kjha said...

FUN! I was glad when John's work party petered out so we didn't have to watch the drunkies...