Sunday, March 8, 2009

Junior Olympics


First, before I write about what I was going to write about I must make a clarification about my last post. Really I would like to play Lego's while my kids are at school, but don't have the time. There is just too much to do and not enough time to get it done in. I feel guilty reading a book during the day. Could you imagine the guilt that I would feel if I played Lego's. You can't possibly imagine. It would be tremendous. I did rebuild Tyler's Lego castle because we got a part that was broken in the mail one day and it took me all afternoon. That is way too much time, but on my defence it had a lot of parts.

Anyway this week was just a regular week of school, visiting teaching, house cleaning, laundry, watching kids, extra. On Friday the kids had their Junior Olympics at school so I volunteered in the morning for the short jump and in the afternoon we walked over to the school and watched Mackay perform. It was fun to watch both of the kids in all of their events. The kids had a lot of fun. There was no competition, that will start next year when Mackay's in 3rd grade. The kids were just able to participate in all the events and not worry about who comes in first or who comes in last. They just all did their very best.

2 comments:

Verity said...

Great pics of the Olympics! And, hey, you are a great mom. Don't feel guilty about book reading or Legos, or whatever! :)

n8'swife said...

You should have no guilt!!!
Great collage!