
I have been thinking about the post that a friend put in her blog about Inner Beauty. I didn't have time to comment on this earlier so would like to start a new thing for myself and those who care to read, about writing about thoughts that I have during the week every Sunday.
Anyway when I was thinking about Inner Beauty I remembered a fireside that I went to when I attended Utah State University. This lady, who lived a ruff life and ran a bar, joined the church or was reactivated and was talking about visiting teaching experience that she had. She was assigned to go and visit a sister who lived in a care facility in Logan. When she first met the sister she was taken back by her appearance. This lady was old, didn't have much hair, had a large mole on her face, and very wrinkled. As she got to know her she said that she was able to see her spirit and that this sister had the most beautiful spirit. Her Inner Beauty was able to shine even though her outward appearance didn't show it.
I think it is important to look at people in that light and not judge by the outer appearance, which is easy to do, and look and see these precious spirit that are inside. After all we are all sons and daughters of God and he loves us very much. I watched "The Little Princess" last week with my sons and in there it mentions that all girls are princesses. So I told my boys that they need to remember that and treat all girls with respect because they are all princesses.
I will just leave on that note...

3 comments:
Let me just say that I have the most BEAUTIFUL friends in the world!
Man, that Jazelle in the Disney princess picture is looking very SEXY for a kids cartoon. YIKES!
Thanks for your thoughts, Shar--they were a great reminder!
Post a Comment