We left the beach on Tuesday and were so sad to leave earlier than everyone else. Come to find out it was a blessing in disguise. My Grandma Mackay passed away after having a stroke on June 29 in the afternoon. My parents had been trying to get ahold of me all weekend and through the week. I think I really worried my mother. We arrived home after spending the day having fun eating and Chili's, and going to see WALL-E. It was 8:30 p.m. when we got home and I received the message on our answering machine (I would have gotten it sooner if I would have charged up our cell phone (sorry mom)). Anyway I sent everyone to be and started on the laundry so that we could make it to the viewing on Wednesday afternoon. Thanks to a friend I was able to get the laundry done and get a couple of hours of sleep before we left for Utah on July 2 at 4 a.m. Luckily I was able to sleep in the car for a little while.
My grandmother, Belva Pulley Mackay, had just turned 87 at the being of June. She mentioned just 4 days before her birthday that this would be her last birthday and that she would pass away sometime in the next year. She mentioned being visited by family and especially her mother. My mom said that her passing was a peaceful and beautiful experience. I feel bad that I was not able to say goodbye to her before her passing but felt comforted at the funeral that all was well and Grandma Mackay was happy and could do all the things now that she couldn't do for the past few years. She was a wonderful lady and will be very missed. If there is one thing that I learned from my Grandmother it was being grateful for all she had and never complaining about anything.
Anyway we were able to spend time with family for the 4th of July weekend. We went and saw a parade in Magna in the afternoon on the 4th and then headed up to Lyman, Wyoming to do fireworks with Justin's twin brother in the evening. It was a lot of fun.
Mackay and Tyler loved being with and seeing many of their cousins. They were even surprised to know that they had so many second cousins.
Mackay and Tyler loved being with and seeing many of their cousins. They were even surprised to know that they had so many second cousins.
On Saturday the 5th of July we had a special Mackay reunion and dutch oven cooking with all of my mom's family. It was so much fun to visit with and see cousins, aunts, and uncles. Hopefully we can keep up a tradition of doing that.
Now we are back home for a few days and still moving like crazy. It has been so hot so we are grateful for friends and their pools that they share with us.

5 comments:
So sorry to hear about your grandma, Shar. Glad you could get to her funeral and see family. Hope all is well!
It looks like the beach was so much fun. I'm glad you were able to make it back for your grandma's funeral.
Looks like so much fun and a lot of sand. I'm sorry about your grandma.
I'm glad it all worked out for you to go home...I hope you have a relaxing week :)
The beach was great fun. I'm glad you were there and made it home in time for your Grandmother's viewing. A full week next year!
Post a Comment