Sunday, June 8, 2008

Last week of school...

Wow it is finally here and past, the last week of school. It came up so quickly. It seems like we have had so much going on lately that it is hard to keep everything straight.
Last week end I was able to escape and go to the temple with a friend. It was so nice. The only place on this earth that you can feel true peace, love and comfort. I was grateful for the opportunity that I had to go and be there for a short time.
This week was a lot of fun for the kids they were both finishing up School and Joy School and it seems like there were things going on in the afternoon and evening too although I am drawing a total blank at what went on this week. Poor Mackay missed the very last day of school because he had a little tummy problem (I won't go into details), but I still took him and Tyler out to lunch after Tyler got out of school and we went to Burger King and Jack Rabbit Park. It was fun.
Oh, Mackay also had a dentist appointment this week to get a couple of cavities filled and we found out he had and abscessed tooth and needs to get a root canal. My goodness, a root canal at the age of 7, I was a little shocked. Mackay has been telling everyone about it like it is major surgery. So anyway that is what we will be doing next week. He was really good for the dentist and very brave.
The last couple of days have just been one party after another. We had a few friends over on Friday for an end of school party and to play on our water slide. It was a lot of fun and I believe the kids had a great time.
Saturday (yesterday) Tyler went to a birthday party for a friend and got the coolest batman utility belt that his friend's mom made. He wore it all day and wanted to put it on again this morning. Hopefully we won't have to talk him out of not wearing it to church.
We then went to a surprise birthday party for another friend and then to a graduation party for one of Justin's Priests. Luckily they were at the same park so that made it convenient. It was fun and gave us something to do all afternoon.
We were suppose to go to an open house in the evening but opted not to because we were all so tired an so we just watched a show and went to bed.

2 comments:

n8'swife said...

The water party was so much fun! Thanks for inviting us. We really enjoyed ourselves.

kjha said...

You believe correctly...the kids had a great time! (And so did the mom's...thanks!)