Thursday, April 17, 2008

Trip to Oregon

Thanks to my wonderful husband I was able to take off last weekend and visit a friend up in Oregon. He was taking Elder Ballard's advice from this past conference to give your wife a break every now and again. Not only did he give me one day off but four instead. It was really a nice trip. I really don't care for flying too much, but it wasn't all that bad. I only felt like I was going to die when I arrived home to the Inyokern Airport. We hit a little turbulance which is always a little unsettling to me.
While in Oregon (my friend lives in Beaverton, which is near Portland) we went to a Tulip Festival and had fun and were being a little silly when we decided to tip toe through the tulips. I felt like I was in Holland for the day. It was incredibly beautiful. They even had a windmill and a tractor you can sit in for a minute. I believe the farm we went to was called "The Wooden Shoe Farm".


The next day we decided to take a trip over to the coast. We drove about an hour to get there and drove through a lot of the area that was hit by a massive wind storm in the later part of last year. It was amazing, there were so many tree that were uprooted or snapped in half. I should have gotten a picture but I didn't.
We visited a State Beach Park called Oswald State Park. It had a beautiful beach area and luckily it was a nice day when we went there. There were a lot of Oregonians there to celebrate a nice weekend, the first one they had had in a while. Any way we stayed there for a little while. It was a beautiful hike down to the beach.
Next we headed up to Astoria to see this giant tower. We were going to walk to the top of the tower but it was closed. It was kind of a bummer but had a wonderful view.
Anyway it was great to get away and wonderful to see my college roommate. We hadn't done anything with each other for a few years. It is nice to know that friendships can last so long. Well my half hour is up got to get back to my domestic duties.

4 comments:

kjha said...

My half hour is up too...glad to see you had a great time and that friendships can last forever!

n8'swife said...

Look like you had a great time! The tulips are beautiful!

Merry said...

I looks so beautiful! I am glad you had a good time.

theloulie said...

Yay, what a fun trip! Glad you were able to go.